Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a manufacturing company located near Morristown, TN. This is a direct hire opportunity and offers a competitive pay and benefits package. This is a 1st shift position. Travel required approximately 70% of the time to suppliers both domestic and internationally.
- Investigate and evaluate Supplier Non-Conformances and document in the IR system.
- Coordinate on site sort activities with supplier and third-party work force resulting from non-conforming material from suppliers. Creates orderly work flow and overall organization for sorting activities and materials locate in the hold areas as identified.
- Plan, design and execute quality improvement projects internally and at Supplier location resulting in reduction of warranty costs, PPM, line rejects, etc.
- Issues corrective actions to suppliers.
- Enter corrective action information into database as required.
- Reviews and approves Supplier corrective actions.
- On site corrective action validation at supplier location.
- Assists Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer with DPAR activity.
- Visits / Audits suppliers as needed.
- Assist Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer in quality planning as needed for new product and new suppliers.
- Review and disposition product defects and provide feedback to suppliers for process improvement activities.
- Support Quality Lab:
- Read and interpret Technical drawings/blueprints.
- Knowledge of gauging methodology.
- Assist in determining receiving inspection criteria.
- Perform Quality related tasks as needed.
- 4 year Bachelor of Science Degree (Required)
- Two to Five years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Flexible to travel as needed to supplier locations. Up to 70% travel is required.
- Aluminum Die Cast process knowledge preferred.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer