SR. CUSTOMER QUALITY ENGINEER
Sr. Customer Quality Engineer needed for a large agricultural manufacturing company in the Morristown, TN area. Starting salary will depend on experience, education, and training.
Position Overview: Provide primary leadership for day-to-day customer quality engineering through coordinating customer quality personnel activity and work flow of returns for warranty, line rejects and communication requiring investigation. Establish working relationship with customers and respond to any customer corrective actions.
- Coordinate customer quality personnel and activity to provide accurate and timely customer quality support.
- Supervise and coordinate activity of the Customer Quality Engineering Technician and Returned Goods Technician.
- Coordinate the work flow of the returns evaluation room for warranty, line rejects and communicated issues requiring investigation and evaluation.
- Investigate and evaluate company line repairs, warranty and OEM line rejects to drive improvements to the production process and/or design of product.
- Plan, design and execute quality improvement projects resulting in reduction of warranty costs, PPM, line rejects, etc. Assist in implementing quality improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Respond to customer corrective actions. Enter corrective action information into IR system.
- Disposition Customer IRs.
- Coordinate customer APQP activities internally.
- Review, approve and submit PPAP package to customers.
- Support new product development including, but not limited to, the following: design review input, fixture design, gage design, tool selection, and equipment selection.
- Coordinate with internal and supplier quality to resolve customer quality related issues.
- Support Quality Lab: a. Measure parts hardness, height, CMM, metallurgical, etc. b. Read technical drawings/blue prints. c. Knowledge of gage calibration. d. Support receiving and inspection sampling plans.
- Foster strong working relationships with customer quality personnel through effective oral and written communication and periodic travel to the customer.
- Review and approval of technical analysis prior to sending to customer.
1. Bachelor of Science in BSME, BSQE, BSIE, or equivalent (Required)
2. Two to five years quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Strong interpersonal and professional skills.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Basic computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
6. Ability to read and apply prints.
7. Flexible in work schedule.
8. Ability to travel if necessary.
9. A working knowledge of company product including, but not limited to, common defects and failure modes.
10.Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
11.Strong willingness to learn from each investigation and capture learnings to improve overall quality.