CUSTOMER QUALITY ENGINEER
Customer Quality Engineer needed for a manufacturing company located near Morristown, TN. This is a direct hire opportunity and offers a competitive pay and benefits package. This is a 1st shift position.
Job Duties: Meet customer requirements and expectations. Conform to company Quality Management System standardized processes for resolution of customer quality issues, e.g., line rejects, warranty returns, and non-conformance issues. Establish strong working relationship with customers and respond to customer corrective actions.
- Be familiar with the Customer Quality Manual and Standards;
- Lead customer approval processes;
- e.g. SCC/SCR process;
- Create, review, approve and submit PPAP package to customers.
- Submit Parts Submission Warrant (PSW)
- Lead the Awareness & Containment meetings of quality issues;
- Lead customer 8-D activities on customer non-conformance corrective action for line rejects and warranty;
- Respond to customer corrective actions.
- Enter corrective action information into QMS system and customer portal;
- Lead and coordinate with internal quality engineer, supplier quality engineer and other personnel from respective departments to resolve customer quality related issues;
- Support quality evaluations of product for identification of failure mode.
- Disposition Customer IRs
- Use ISO-9001 systems to complete job functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Nukitori sheets
- Change Request
- Special Build Request
- Temporary Operating Instruction (TOI)
- Deviation Request
- Provide timely communication to customers to resolve quality related issues.
- Complete studies to support customer evaluation request;
- Review and approve technical documents prior to sending to customer;
- Foster strong working relationships with customer quality personnel through effective oral and written communication and periodic travel to the customer;
- Support in the implementation of quality improvements to manufacturing processes;
- Support new product or existing product development activities through the APQP timelines;
- Support quality improvement projects for reduction of warranty costs, PPM, line rejects, etc.;
- Participate in budget process and recommends capital needs.
- Participate in the daily warranty investigation and adjudication of line rejects and warranty
- Support the other members of the QA dept. in carrying out their respective roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor of Science in BSME, BSQE, BSIE, or equivalent of 15 years of work experience in a manufacturing company with customer engagement role.
- Minimum of 3 years of quality experience or role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and apply prints.
- Flexible in work schedule.
- Ability to travel if necessary.
- A working knowledge of company product including, but not limited to, common defects and failure modes.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Strong willingness to learn from each investigation and capture learnings to improve overall quality.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer