What Career Matches Your Personality? pt.2
Now that you’ve taken the MBIT, compare your results to the descriptions below to figure out what careers fit your personality.
Personalities and the Jobs that fit them.
I- introvert E- extrovert
S- Sensing N- Intuition
T- thinking F- Feeling
J- Judging P- Perceiving
ISTJ- The Logistician
A serious, quiet, practical, loyal, organized, and logical individual that works great in problem-solving environments that are heavy with facts, numbers, and data.
- System administrator, auditor, accountant, financial chief officer, government employee, web development engineer, dentist
- ISTJs you may know- Queen Elizabeth 2, Warren Buffett, George Washington, Herbert Hoover
ISFJ - The Nurturer
A friendly, responsible, and conscientious person who enjoys helping others. Modest and determined, they do well in roles as health care professionals or working with children. ISFJs also do well in a job with money due to their detail-oriented selves.
- Dentist, elementary school teacher, librarian, franchise owner, customer service rep, social worker, bookkeeper
ISFJs you may know- Mother Teresa, Jimmy Carter, Halle Berry, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel
INFJ- The Counselor
“Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions (“The Myers & Briggs Foundation - The 16 MBTI® Types.”) They are organized and decisive in achieving their vision. They’re always looking to see how to best serve the common good. INFJs thrive in language and symbols. Therefore, they fit well in with arts, medicine, education, and science.
- Veterinarian, therapist/mental health counselor, social worker, HR, diversity manager, organizational development consultant, teachers, alternative healthcare practitioners
- INFJs you may know- Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Jamie Foxx
INTJ- The Mastermind
They have a drive for carrying out their ideas and achieving goals with high standards. INTJs tend to see patterns around them and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. They excel in careers that are in non-social roles. Furthermore, INTJ personalities fit well into the technical field.
- Software developer, engineer, architect, science
- INTJs you may know- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Isaac Newton, C.S. Lewis, Lance Armstrong
ISTP - Virtuoso
ISTPs are problem solvers with practical solutions (preferably tangible results.) They’re tolerant, flexible, hands-on, curious, and thrive on diversity.
- Graphic designers, engineers, mechanics, computers, forensic scientist, carpenter, construction, farmer
- ISTPs you may know- Clint Eastwood, Michael Jordan, Bill Murray, Eazy-E, Miles Davis, Willie Nelson, Frida Kahlo, Ernest Hemingway
ISFP- The Composer
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, loyal, and kind, ISFPs live in the moment. They like to have their own space to work within their own time frame with creative freedom. ISFPs tend to dislike conflicts and won’t push their values on people. Vice versa, they don’t like others’ values pushed on themselves.
- Teachers, nurses, coaches, natural artist/musician/photographers, designers, chef
- ISFPs you may know- Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Marilyn Monroe
INFP- The Healer
INFPs are idealistic, inquisitive people that are loyal to their values and to the people who are important to them. They’re adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened. As caring, natural helpers, INFP’s excel in careers where they can understand and aid others.
- Artistic, writer, musician, language arts, mental health counselor, teacher, HR, midwife, physical therapist
- INFPs you may know- William Shakespeare, J.K. Rowling, Edgar Allen Poe, C.S. Lewis, Virginia Woolf, Vincent Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, Hellen Keller, John Lennon
INTP- The Architect
Interested in ideas rather than social interactions, INTPs are quiet, reflective, flexible, rational, and adaptable. They have an unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest; they’re highly analytical.
- Architects, engineers, various scientific fields, arts, computerized technology, editors, legal workers
- INTPs you may know- Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Charles Darwin, Abraham Lincoln, Immanuel Kant, Tina Fey
ESTP- The Dynamo
ESTPs have a down to earth approach to get immediate results. They have a flexible, thrill seeking, energetic, realistic, and efficient personality with excellent people skills. Being spontaneous, they thrive in careers without a lot of routine. Great in group settings, they work best by being hands-on.
- Natural athletes, sales, pilot, flight attendant, bartenders, forestry workers, carpenters, tax examiners, technological operations
- ESTPs you may know- Winston Churchill, Eddie Murphy, Bruce Willis, Madonna, Evel Knievel
ESFP- The People Person
ESFPs are world learners from the environment and their experiences. Outgoing, spontaneous, friendly, and accepting, they have an enthusiasm for life and an ability to adapt easily. They enjoy working with others to make things happen and learn by trying a new skill with others. Even though they make work fun, they bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work. ESFPs succeed in professional environments to aid others.
- Hospitality, food service, medicine/healthcare, personal assistant/receptionist, nursery
- ESFPs you may know- Ronald Reagan, Michelangelo, Mark Cuban, Quentin Tarantino, Beyonce, Will Smith, Dave Chappelle
ENFP- Free Spirit
ENFPs are known to be innovated service-oriented people with great communication skills. Imaginative and spontaneous personalities lead them to see life as full of possibilities. Furthermore, they make connections between events and information very quickly, and proceed based on the patterns they see. As natural people lovers, they excel at careers where they help others or are being creative.
- Counseling positions, physical aid, fitness trainer, helping the environment
- ENFPs you may know- Robin Williams, Daniel Radcliffe, Sandra Bullock, Charles Dickens, Dr.Seuss, Anne Frank, Ellen Degeneres, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Kurt Vonnegut, Salvador Dali
Quick witted, outspoken, and stimulating, ENTPs enjoys challenging others and are one to never turn away from conflict. Good at reading people and natural born leaders, they are resourceful in solving problems and analyzing them strategically. Furthermore, they don’t like routine; they find a new way to do things.
- Business fields, arts, sports, media, architect, drafter, art director, executive titles
- ENTPs you may know- Walt Disney, Socrates, Ben Franklin, Leonardo da Vinci, Neil Patrick Harris, Amy Poehler
Hardworking decisive traditionalist. A leader in organizing projects and people. Assertive, practical, and realistic. ESTJs like to be in control. They’re highly structured with high expectations of themselves and others. Forceful in implementing their plans.
- Management positions, supervisory positions, enforce policies and procedures, judge, purchasing agent. Diverse enough to be successful in various jobs.
- ESTJ you may know- Henry Ford, Alec Baldwin, Judge Judy, Pat Summitt
ESFJ- The Provider
A People person who is very social and caring. Enjoys teamwork that is cooperative. Comes through no matter how small the matter. Try and help others in their day-to-day lives. Want to be appreciated for who they are and what they contribute. They thrive in careers aimed at helping others.
- Nurses, doctors, childcare worker, teachers, pharmacy aid, hairdresser, cosmetologist
- ESFJ you may know- Jason Segel, Hugh Jackman, Nancy Kerrigan, Whitney Houston, Prince William, Larry King, Tyra Banks
ENFJ- The Teacher
Warm, sociable, empathetic, and responsible. ENFJs understand the views of others and their emotions, needs, motivation, and potential. Strong humanitarian values. They do well in jobs with working with people and helping others. Work well in both authoritative and submissive positions.
- Teachers, counselors, arts, child care worker, rehabilitation counselor, social worker
- ENFJ you may know- Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Joe Biden, Justin Trudeau, Neil deGrasse Tyson
ENTJ- The Commander
ENTJs are strategic, decisive leaders that are efficient in long-term goal planning. They like to bring order around them. If there are problems, an ENTJ notices them quickly and develops a new efficient way to correct it. “Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others.” Enjoys being a leader, organizing people, and the process to reach goals. They are career driven - fits well in the corporate world. They thrives in careers where they can solve problems and enforce structure where they’re in charge.
- Executives in legal, engineering, sales, scientific fields, sports, arts, and medical fields, management consultant
- Margaret Thatcher, David Letterman, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, George Clooney.
For more in-depth analysis of the personalities check out MBIT 16 personalities.