Bring Holiday Cheer to the Office
Tis' the season of giving. Whether it’s the giving of gifts, giving back to the community, or just turning up the holiday spirit and giving out kindness, every little thing counts. The tiniest bit of kindness can go a long way. There are many ways to promote kindness in the workplace.
Here are 12 ideas to spread the holiday cheer and kindness around the office.
- Set out a candy dish for everyone to snack on.
- Make crafts from Pintrest to decorate for the holidays.
- Host a holiday drive and collect any and all donations.
- Make your office/cubical a winter wonderland.
- Have a Christmas sweater competition.
- Offer to come in early and/or stay late to help anyone who may need it.
- Give sincere compliments to your coworkers. “Great work on __.” “Your upbeat attitude always makes the work day more fun.” Etc.
- Show interest in people’s personal life. Ask how their pet/child/family is doing.
- Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Invite new employees out to lunch with you.
- Bring an extra coffee to the office in the morning.
- Start a book exchange. Bring in your favorites and rotate them around.
- Tell a joke, or if you find a funny meme related to your work send it out so everyone can get a chuckle.
- Leave coins in an envelope. Tape it to the vending machine with a note that says, “pay it forward.”
- Bring in a simple breakfast, like donuts, for everyone.
- Make a "Holiday Bar" complete with hot chocolate, marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, and cookies.
- Make a birthday, holiday, or celebration card. For example, make a card for someone’s work anniversary, promotion, or landing a new clien
Don’t just show random acts of kindness in the office to get on Santa’s nice list. Promote the same positive attitude throughout the year to create a positive environment in the workplace. Nice gestures can lift peoples’ spirits, and it doesn’t have to cost you a thing.